During character creation each player character may pick up to two traits.
- Kamikaze. You ignore any threats in order to act faster. When using Kamikaze, you get +4 to your Sequence but your Passive Dodge is reduced by 2 ranks.
- Four Eyes. You need prescription glasses. This means your PE is permanently lowered by 1. But if you wear your glasses you get a +2 to PE when your sight is concerned.
- Good Natured. You are a kind and good natured person that doesn’t do well in combat. Your Sequence is lowered by 2 ranks, but you get a bonus to Medicine, Speech, and Barter of +1.
- Built to Destroy. Your weapons cause +2 every time you roll a natural +4 result, but have a chance to break when ever you roll a natural -4. In the latter case make a LK check vs. Good. If it fails, your weapon is broken and has to be repaired before it can be used again.
- Fast Shot. You can shoot much faster than your fellow men, but at a price. You can fire an additional pistol or rifle during your combat turn without penalty, but all your weapons cause -1 damage.
- Heavy Handed. Your melee and unarmed attacks cause +2 damage, but you are a little slow, which reduces your Sequence by 2.
- Loose Cannon. You can throw an additional thrown weapon during your turn with no penalties, but the distance your thrown weapons fly is halved.
- Small Frame. You’re small and agile which increases your AG by 1. But you have difficulties with big guns. You have a -1 penalty to hit with Big Guns.
- Trigger Discipline. Your attacks with ranged weapons get a bonus of +2, but your Sequence is reduced by 2.
- Wild Wasteland. You seem to be a magnet for weird things. Around you the wasteland shows itself by its weirdest side. This trait has no mechanical effect, but may give the GM a hint on what you want to have happen to your character.
- Bloody Mess. Your enemies always seem to die in the most spectacular way possible. They also never stay alive long enough to be interrogated. It’s a mess.
- Jinxed. You and everybody around you is jinxed. Whenever a natural -4 is rolled in a combat scene you’re involved in, a LK check vs. Good has to be made. If it fails, the weapon used is broken and needs to be repaired.
- One Hander. One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with single-handed weapons (+1 to attack), but two-handed weapons cause a problem (-1 to attack).
- Sex appeal. You’ve got the “right” stuff. Members of the opposite sex are attracted to you, but those of the same sex tend to become quite jealous. You get +1 to Speech and Barter when dealing with members of the opposite sex, but get a -1 penalty when talking to members of your own sex.